STUDENT DIRECTED ONE ACT PLAY FESTIVAL AUDITIONS 2020
When are auditions?
- Monday, March 16th 4:00- 8:15 p.m.
- Callbacks will be Tuesday, March 17th, also from 4:00pm to 7:00pm.
- Please report promptly to the blackbox for auditions and callbacks.
- It would be beneficial for you to come every day of auditions. Only come to callbacks if your name is listed, but please clear your calendars for Tuesday. If you aren’t at callbacks, you hurt your chances of being cast. Callbacks will be posted Tuesday morning at the latest outside the Black Box Theater.
- Cast list will be posted, at the latest, Thursday evening the 19th on www.eastreservations.org and posted in front of the black box.
- The first readthrough is Friday March 20th, from 4:00pm to 7:00pm.
- Lunch auditions by request only on March 16th and are exclusively for auditioners who have previous commitments the days of auditions. Please email our Production Stage Manager Marquis Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org to book a slot at these auditions. Please attempt to clear your schedule for the callback night (Tuesday, 4:00 – 7:00) for as much time as possible.
If you have any conflicts for the audition times, please send an e-mail to Marquis Williams, Stage Manager, at email@example.com, and cc firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and conflict times/dates/etc.
How do I get ready for auditions?
- Fill out the google form. This form needs to be filled out before the first day of auditions. This google form contains questions regarding how we can contact you, what you are comfortable with doing as an actor during the process and various other questions that are crucial for us to know if you are going to be a part of this production. Please access this form using your school e-mail only.
- Read the script. Scripts are available for viewing on www.eastreservations.org in the auditions subpage
- Prepare for a cold read of audition sides. Sides are available for your perusal, but we will pair you randomly to read on the night of auditions.
- Check your calendar and write down any conflicts (on the google form) you have between March 20th and May 2nd. You absolutely cannot have any conflicts between April 20th – March 2nd. The show dates are April 30th and May 1st and 2nd. The tentative rehearsal calendar can be accessed using this link.
- Get the parent permission slip signed and bring it with you the first day of auditions. We cannot cast you if your parents do not sign this form.
- If you cannot attend auditions, schedule a lunch audition. Lunch auditions will be Monday, March 16th and you must be available for callbacks on Tuesday. Email email@example.com to schedule a lunch audition.
Questions? Email Stage Manager Marquis Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get your questions answered.
The Day of Auditions:
- Show up at the Black Box no later than 4:15 pm on Monday, March 16th. Prepare to stay until 8:15pm.
- Bring a pencil, and confirm you have filled out the google form and print the signed parent permission letter and be prepared to play and move (dress appropriately)!
- Clear your calendar for callbacks. Callbacks are Tuesday, March 17th from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m. Callbacks may go over time by as much as 20 minutes.